You’re thinking big! I like it! The jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month are in high demand fields. And you have to be one of the best in the world.
Patrick Mahomes makes way over $1 million dollars a month in his job as quarterback1 because there are few human beings on planet Earth as good as him at his job.
Now, you could be the best in the world at wiggling your ears without your hands, but you won’t make money. Why? Because nobody cares. Not even Tina Mazetti, the cutest girl in school. Dang it, Tina, why won’t you go out with me?!!
Enjoy the list. Get inspired!
Table of Contents
Top Jobs That Pay $1 Million Dollars a Month
Entrepreneur / Business Owner
Best for: People who don’t want a boss and are willing to risk their time and energy.
Starting your own business isn’t a job; it’s a way to blaze your own path to riches. You can become so wealthy that you can hire people to do the jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month!
A job is where you work for someone in exchange for a guaranteed paycheck. As an entrepreneur, nothing is guaranteed. In fact, you might lose money.
So why is this #1 on the list? Because for most humans, this is the most realistic way to earn $1 million dollars a month.
To start your own business, you’ll need to solve a problem that people are willing to pay for.
Examples of business people who make or made a million dollars per month:
- Stanley Tang, Andy Fang, and Tony Xu created DoorDash. All are worth over $1 billion dollars. Stanley and Andy made it that rich before age 30!
- Steve Jobs – Apple. You remember him when he was older and worth $10.2 billion dollars. But even at just 23 years old Steve Jobs was worth $1 million dollars. He didn’t inherit money. He created a business, and by age 25 he was worth $100 million dollars. Whoa.
- Leonardo Del Vecchio – created Ray-Ban and Oakley sunglasses. He started at 23 years old by opening his own shop. He’s dead now but was worth $25 billion dollars.
Extra Point: All that DoorDash talk made me hungry. Sign-up for DoorDash with our special link to get $30 off DoorDash orders after your first $15 purchase. Dope.
To get started, check out How to get a startup business loan with no money.
Best for: people who love to entertain, educate, or inform others
Content creators publish media such as:
- YouTube videos
- Educational Courses
- Blog articles
- Social Media pictures, videos, and captions
If you’re thinking about Influencers, they’re content creators who do sponsored content in exchange for money.
Content creators get paid when
- You buy their content or merchandise
- A sponsor pays them to promote their company
- A company pays the content creator to create content on their platform
In some cases, content creation can be your own business. Other times you might work for a company. For example, Joe Rogan has a podcasting job that pays $1 million dollars a month (actually much more!) with Spotify.
￼￼Extra Point: Learn more about podcast hosting if you’re serious about being a millionaire podcaster.
Examples of content creators with jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month or more:
- MrBeast AKA Jimmy Donaldson
- Howard Stern
- DanTDM AKA Daniel Middleton
- Kylie Jenner
E-commerce Business Owner
Best for: people who get excited about selling stuff online and making money
E-commerce is when you sell goods online.
Examples of successful e-commerce businesses are
- Allbirds (on the Shopify platform)
If you have physical products to sell, start by using Shopify because it’s easy and trustworthy.
Best for: People who want to own their own business but want reduced risk by partnering with an established brand and operation.
If you have the capital (start-up money), you can buy a franchise location of a famous brand, such as
- The UPS Store
- Ace Hardware
- Jiffy Lube
- Papa John’s
NOTE: I think Jiffy Lube tastes better than Papa John’s, but that’s just me. Hey, I’m from New York City, I got pizza opinions!
Most franchise owners earn around $50,000 per year. The best franchise owners earn about $250,000 per year. So how do you get to a million dollars per month? Own a lot of franchise locations!
That’s what Greg Flynn has done. He’s the first American to become a billionaire with franchises.3 He started with one Applebee’s location.
NBA Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal owns lots of franchises.4 He owns:
- 40 24-Hour Fitness Gyms,
- 1 Krispy Kreme location
- 17 Auntie Anne’s pretzel locations
- 9 Papa John’s pizza restaurants
Franchise owner is on the list of jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month because it’s achievable if you think big.
Before you buy a franchise, I implore – yes, implore you to at least take a course in how to evaluate whether a franchise is actually a good deal for you. Check out this course called So You Want to Buy a Franchise? to learn more about the franchise owning experience.
Best for: people who love to code and enjoy business
Software developers create computer programs and apps.
Now, a normal software developer isn’t one of the jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month. To get to a million dollars per month, you’ll need to create a software business with your skills.
- Elon Musk – created what became PayPal
- Bill Gates – Microsoft
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin – Google
These are some of the richest people in the world!5
Hedge Fund Manager
Best for: people who enjoy investing and are excellent at research, analysis, and communication
Hedge fund managers make investment decisions on behalf of their clients.
Now why would you be trusted to make these decisions? Typically, you’d have earned a university degree, a CFA certification (Chartered Financial Analyst), and a decade of outstanding investment experience.
To make this one of the jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month, you’ll need to be one of the absolute best in the world at it.
Sorry, nobody’s gonna pay you a million dollars a month to suck unless you’re a left-handed relief pitcher in Major League baseball.
Ken Griffin is a hedge fund manager worth about $35 billion dollars.6 He earned his degree from Harvard University.
Steve Cohen is a hedge fund manager worth about $17.5 billion dollars. He earned his degree from the University of Pennsylvania. He also owns the New York Mets, so he knows a lot about handing out jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month to relief pitchers who suck!
Best for: people who are leaders, strong decision-makers, and great communicators
The CEO is the chief executive officer of a company. The CEO makes major decisions for the corporation. The CEO communicates those big decisions to the public.
The CEO of a small business might expect to make $100,000 a year. The CEO of a major business typically makes about $1 million dollars a year. But the most successful CEOs have jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month or much much more.7
- Sundar Pichai – CEO of Alphabet (owner of Google) – $225 million dollars per year
- Stephen Scherr – CEO of Hertz – $182 million dollars per year
- Barry Mccarthy – CEO of Peloton – $168 million dollars per year
- Tim Cook – CEO of Apple – $99 million dollars per year
- Eric Yuan – CEO of Zoom – $76 million dollars per year
Learn more in this article on jobs that pay over $1 million a year.
Best for: Athletic people, duh. But also you’ll need discipline and a strong work ethic.
Nearly all baseball players with at least 6 years in the Major Leagues have jobs that pay $1 million dollars a month.
The greatest athletes in the world earn well over a million dollars per month!8
- Cristiano Ronaldo – soccer – $136 million dollars per year (salary plus endorsements)
- Lionel Messi – soccer – $130 million dollars per year (salary plus endorsements)
- LeBron James – basketball – $119.5 million dollars per year (salary plus endorsements)
- Canelo Alvarez – boxing – $110 million dollars per year (salary plus endorsements)
- Dustin Johnson – golf – $107 million dollars per year (salary plus endorsements)
Best for: Great liars who can make fiction seem true
Examples of actors who have or have had jobs that pay $1 million dollars per month:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Tom Cruise
- Will Smith
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Brad Pitt
- Chris Hemsworth
- Vin Diesel
- Kelsey Grammer
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Courteney Cox
- Lisa Kudrow
- Matt LeBlanc
- David Schwimmer
- Matthew Perry
- James Gandolfini
- Kaley Cuoco
- Johnny Galecki
- Jim Parsons
Want to become an actor? Step 1 is to take an acting class. Check out this introductory Acting Techniques Masterclass.
Or if you want to act on camera wearing only ice cream cones over your nipples, check out how to make money on OnlyFans.
Singer / Rapper
Examples of singers with jobs that earn $1 million dollars a month or more:
- Taylor Swift
- Katy Perry
- Mariah Carey
- Toby Keith
- Trisha Yearwood
- Shania Twain
- Lil Wayne
- Ed Sheeran
- Dolly Parton
- Celine Dion
The best singers have had training. Look at this training course on Singing Like a Star.
If you currently sing for fun, check out hobbies to make money.
Common Questions About Jobs That Pay $1 Million Dollars a Month
What Job Makes You a Millionaire The Fastest?
The job that makes you a millionaire the fastest is the one where you have an extra special talent AND it’s in a field that pays millions of dollars.
- Sales – especially SaaS (Software as a Service) and real estate
- Creating a very successful business
- Professional athlete
- Famous entertainer such as singer or actor
- Content creator or influencer with a huge audience
Which Job Has The Highest Salary in World?
The job with the highest salary in the world is CEO of a big company. The CEO of Alphabet (owner of Google) is Sundar Pichai and makes about $225 million dollars per year.
Jobs That Pay 20 Million a Month?
No really, you must be joking to ask about jobs that pay 20 million a month. This does not exist in US dollars, British pounds, or euros. Even the richest athletes and business people don't earn this much per month every month. You can have some 20 million dollar months if you’re one of the best hedge fund managers in the world.
Jobs That Pay $2 Million Dollars a Month?
- CEO of a big company like Nike
- Successful Business person / entrepreneur
- Hedge fund manager
- Professional athlete like Shohei Ohtani
- Famous entertainer, such as singer or actor like Drake
- Content creator or influencer with a huge audience like PewDiePie
Jobs That Pay $2 Million Dollars a Year?
- CEO of a big company like Pepsi
- Successful Business person / entrepreneur
- Hedge fund manager
- Professional athlete like Steph Curry
- Famous entertainer such as singer or actor like Dwayne Johnson
- Content creator or influencer with a huge audience like Jake Paul
Jobs That Make You Rich in Your 20s?
Wanna get rich in your 20s? Start training as a kid! Become one of the best in the world and become a
- Business person with a hugely successful business. That’s how Mark Zuckerberg became a billionaire by 23 years old. And it’s how Evan Spiegel, co-founder and CEO of Snap became a billionaire by 25 years old.
- Professional basketball player, soccer player, football player, baseball player, golfer, boxer, hockey player, etc.
- Movie or TV star
- Singer, Rapper, Musical Artist
- Content creator or influencer with a huge audience
- Best-selling book author like J.K. Rowling
Jobs That Make You Rich Fast?
None. Don’t be a fool. Every “overnight success” actually worked their butt off for many years. You just didn’t see it.
Others had an amazing natural gift or talent.
There are jobs like software developer, doctor, investment banker, and dentist where you can go from making nearly no money as a student to making $200,000 per year or more.
But those folks studied and worked really hard for years. The fastest way to get rich is to see if you have a special talent in entertainment, athletics, business, investing, or sales and see if you can get millions of people to see your talent on the internet so you gain instant attention.
For that you’ll need a website. An easy way to get started is on Squarespace. And you’ll need an email newsletter with ConvertKit. Use social media to gain an audience. But you’ll be smart to get your followers onto your email list and website in case those algorithms change – and they will!
You’ll also want to read my genius article, How to Make Money Fast.